The good news is that you can turn your old Android phone into a security camera. You don’t need to use your internet as the IP webcam will be available.
If you have no idea what an IP Webcam is you are missing out on a lot of things.
How to turn an old Android phone into a security camera without internet
The IP Webcam will be easily available in the Google store that is more like an App.
The download is free of charge and you can use it the way you want. It has now become easy to connect this CCTV with an android phone.
You don’t need to throw your old android phone away especially if it has a good camera.
Here’s how you can turn an old android phone into a security camera without internet:
- Download the IP webcam app from Google PlayStore and install it on your android phone. This app doesn’t take much space on your phone either.
- Turn the mobile hotspot on as it helps connect a wireless Wi-Fi point. Even if the phone is old it will be linked to the camera of your viewing device. It is important to close all the other active camera apps before installing this new one.
- Now launch the IP webcam that you have installed. With this app, all the camera effects and settings of the videos will be easy to detect
- The user can set the settings according to your requirement. This security system is useful for both indoor and outdoor.
- Look at the IP Webcam and click ‘Start server. When the camera app opens up at the bottom of the screen you can find the address of the webpage. The router access you use must be compatible with IPv6. You will be given two options that are two different website addresses. It includes both IPv6 and IPv4.
- Wi-Fi will connect with the viewer device that is already available in your old phone. Make sure you keep both the devices charged or else it will lose the entire progress.
- By now your old android phone will connect with the viewer device and Wi-Fi. It’s about time you can choose the browser of your own choice. There will be two website addresses displayed on the phone. The website address will also feature your IP address
- When both the android phone and viewing device are connected you can open up the website address. It will guide you about all the steps that you require to use the camera settings. The web interface is easy to navigate you can set them according to your requirements.
- As you aim to use your old android phone as a powerful security camera, start using the VLC media player. You just need to download and install so your work is complete. When the VLC media player is launched all you need is to run it. You can do so by clicking on ‘open network stream’ in the media menu.
- This media menu is available to your media players. It is when your phone is ready to act as a camera without internet.
Read an interesting topic: [ 10 Questions ] How to Fix Firestick Won’t Load Apps