Do you want to know how to hide your mouse cursor in Windows 10? It’s actually quite easy! In this blog post, we will discuss three different methods that you can use. We will also provide step-by-step instructions on how to do it.
So whether you’re a business owner trying to make a presentation or just someone who wants to watch a movie without the cursor getting in the way, read on for all the information you need!
How to Hide Mouse Cursor in Windows 10: The Best Methods
Method one: Use the “Cursor” setting in Windows
This method is probably the easiest way to hide your mouse cursor.
All you need to do is go to the “Control Panel” and then click on “Mouse.” In the Mouse settings window, there will be a section called “Pointer Options.” Under this section, you will see a checkbox that says “Hide pointer while typing.” Simply check this box and then click “OK.” Your mouse cursor will now be hidden!
Method two: Use a third-party program
There are many different programs out there that can help you hide your mouse cursor.
- One of our favorites is called Cursor Hider.
- This program is very easy to use and it’s also free!
- Once you download and install the program, all you need to do is run it and then click on the “Hide Cursor” button.
- Your mouse cursor will now be hidden!
Method three: Use a script
If you’re comfortable with using scripts, then this method is for you. We have created a simple script that will hide your mouse cursor. To use it, simply copy and paste the following code into a text editor such as Notepad:
print(“The mouse cursor has been hidden!”)
if __name__ == “__main__”:
Save the file as “hide_cursor.py” and then run it by double-clicking on it. Your mouse cursor will now be hidden!
Part 1: Display pointer trails in Windows 10
- Step 1: Click the Start button at the bottom left of your desktop, type your mouse in the empty box, and tap Mouse in the search results to open Mouse Properties.
- Step 2: Select the pointer option, select Show pointer route, and press OK.
Tip: To specify the length of the pointer route, move the Visibility small scale to the left or right.
Part 2: Hide pointer trails in Windows 10
- Step 1: Follow the steps above to open the mouse properties.
- Step 2: Click the pointer option, deselect the Show pointer route, and tap OK.
- Download and install AutoHideMouseCursor.
- Start the extracted program.
- By default, the idle trigger is set to 5 seconds. To adjust the time, move the slider bar to the bottom left of the application window.
- Under the Settings heading, select the option marked Start with Windows. This will cause the application to run each time you shut down or restart your computer.
- In the #Options menu, make sure the Always Start Minimized (ToTray) option is enabled. That’s all. The mouse pointer automatically disappears after a period of inactivity. Not only is this program ideal for home use, but it is also useful if you spend a lot of time on your word processor at work.
This is quite possible if you want to hide the mouse pointer in your media player.
- Watch a movie or video, and when the cursor appears on the screen, point keys on your keyboard.
- This makes the pointer invisible to the eye. However, if this trick doesn’t work, the user can do something else. You can try the keyboard trick of suspending and resuming video using the spacebar.
- This method is very effective because it removes the cursor from the screen immediately.
We hope that you found this blog post helpful! If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below. We would also love to hear from you if you know of any other methods or programs that can help hide the mouse cursor in Windows! Thank you for reading! 🙂
Read more: How to View Friends Old Snapchat Stories