Steam is the largest digital distribution platform for PC games, with a community of more than 100 million users who use it. In this post, you can hide games on Steam also.
If you are a Steam user and your profile is set to public, you are showing your game library to millions of users. Most of the time, that is not a problem. If you are playing a popular game, there will be millions of people playing too.
How to Hide Games on Steam?
Sometimes though, you might want to indulge in the guilty pleasure of playing a game that you really shouldn’t love, but you just can’t help but play it. You may also want to hide thousands of dollars worth of purchased games from prying eyes, looking to steal your Steam account.
Fortunately, it is possible to hide games on Steam so that they are not visible to prying eyes; This is how you do it.
To prevent games from being visible in your Steam library, you will need to open the Steam client on your PC or Mac.
- Once open, click on the Library tab at the top.
- Right-click the game you want to hide.
- Then click Manage > Hide this game to hide it.
- Your game will no longer appear in your library.
- It won’t be removed, it just won’t be visible until you decide to restore it.
Restoring Hidden Games to Your Library
Hidden games are exactly that: hidden. If you’ve hidden a Steam game from your library, it’s pretty easy to restore access to it.
To get started, click the View menu at the top of the Steam client.
- Select Hidden Games from the drop-down menu that appears.
- You should now be able to see any games that you have previously hidden from your library.
- If you want to restore a game and show it, right-click on a game and select Manage > Remove From Hidden to do so.
- Click on the Library tab once you are done, your previously hidden game should now appear in your library as usual.
Hiding Your Steam Games From Others
What if you want your entire library to be visible to you, but you don’t want any of your friends to see it? It is also possible to hide your Steam library from others.
- To do this, click on your profile name at the top right of the Steam client window.
- Then click on the View my profile option.
- Click the Edit Profile button to start changing your Steam profile settings.
- On the Edit menu, click the My Privacy Settings option.
- Click on the Game Details status; this will display a drop-down menu with various options.
- In the Game Details menu, set your game privacy to Private.
Your friends will no longer be able to see the games on your Steam account or elsewhere. The game you are currently playing will remain hidden from view, as will in-game achievements, wishlist saves, and more.