qBittorrent is a free open source torrent client that replaces Utorrent. Here I made it possible how to fix when qBittorrent is stalled.
This software is intended to allow users to download content from the Internet. qBittorrent is popular ad-free software that is fast and feature-rich on all major platforms.
However, it can be frustrating if the message stops and you find that the download has stopped.
An outage is when the program wants to download, but not all connected peers can download it.
How to Fix When qBittorrent is Stalled
Don’t worry, you are not alone. In this post, we’ve put together a working solution to help you solve your problem.
Fix 1: Check the number of seed/peer
- If you try to download a torrent with a small number of seeds/pairs, you will usually see a stopped status.
- Then you can check the speed/torque number first.
- You can reconnect to the peer by reinserting the torrent, which will speed it up a bit.
- This is only a temporary solution, but it’s worth a try.
- If speed/peer is good, you can restart qBittorrent. Some users have stated that the qBittorrent client works fine after restarting the application.
Fix 2: Your ISP might be throttling
If the speed/peer is good and there is no difference after restarting, check your internet connection. Your ISP may be accelerating and down.
- Some ISPs limit the amount of fast data they can access to make sure they need to test their internet speed.
- Test your internet speed without a VPN.
- Save the number.
- Start the VPN service. If you do not have a VPN, please download and install NordVPN.
- Launch NordVPN and click Connect.
- Test your internet speed with NordVPN.
- NordVPN hides your ISP’s IP address so you can accurately read your actual internet speed. If there is a big difference in numbers, your ISP can choke.
Second, you need to use NordVPN when using qBittorrent torrents.
Fix 3: Check your hard drive space
- Some users have reported that when the disk is full, they will not be able to write data and qBittorrent will stop.
- You can set the installation location to the desired location or delete unnecessary files to clean up the disk.
Fix 4: Reinstall the application
- Some users install qBittorrent on their external hard drives.
- Removing the default drive can cause a qBittorrent crash condition.
- This is because the program could not find the default directory.
- Tap Control on the search bar to open the control panel.
- Set the Control Panel view by category and click Uninstall a program.
- Find qBittorrent and right-click.
- Click Uninstall.
- Go to the qBitTorrent website, download it, and install it on a local disk with sufficient space.
Fix 5: Check firewall settings
- It may be due to a firewall and antivirus software.
- You need to permit qBittorrent to work properly.
- Therefore, check your firewall and antivirus settings to make sure they are not blocking qBittorrent.
- Then restart qBittorrent and check the status.
- It should work fine. You got how to fix it when qBittorrent is stalled.