Before learning how to download movies purchased from Amazon to PC, let’s take a look at what Amazon Prime Video is.
Amazon Prime Video or Prime Video is a streaming service on demand. It houses thousands of movies and TV shows and comes with video rental and purchase services. Amazon Prime Video is available worldwide except for mainland China, Iran, North Korea, and Syria.
Can you download movies from Amazon Prime?
- You can download movies from Amazon Prime Video to your mobile phone and computers, but the downloaded movies will not be saved on your hard drive.
- You can only watch Amazon Prime movies offline in the Prime Video app.
So how to download movies purchased from Amazon to PC?
How to Download Amazon Prime Movies to Hard Drive?
- You can use the Prime Video app to save movies purchased from Amazon Prime.
Now, let’s take a look at how to download Amazon Prime movies to PC with the Prime Video app.
- Step 1. Open Microsoft Store and install the Prime Video application on your PC.
- Step 2. Open the Prime Video app and find the movie you want to download. Touch the title to open its details page.
- Step 3. Click the Download button to download Prime Video movies to your PC.
How to find and delete downloaded movies from Amazon Prime?
- If the Amazon Prime Video application is installed in the C: drive and you will find the downloaded movies in the folder:
- C: \ Users \ UserName \ AppData \ Local \ Packages \ AmazonVideo.PrimeVideo_pwbj9vvecjh7j \ LocalState \ Downloads
How to Delete Downloaded Movies from Amazon Prime on PC
- Open the Prime Video app.
- Click Downloads to view all downloaded movies.
- Find the movie you want to delete, click the three-dot icon, and select Delete Download.
In case you are heading to a place that does not have Wi-Fi, such as an airplane or a remote shelter in the wooded areas, you need to prepare by downloading the video on your phone or tablet in advance. Amazon allows you to download content so you can watch it offline, but there are certain conditions.
You cannot download it to a PC. For example, downloads are only allowed in versatile applications. That implies that you cannot store Amazon Prime recordings on a laptop. And even on your phone or tablet, you can’t download everything.
Amazon advises that “selected Prime Video titles are only accessible for download, and the time it takes to view a downloaded title while your device is disconnected varies by title.” You can get MXQ Pro 4K Firmware Update.
Also, you may find that only part of the content is accessible for download in certain geographic districts, and Amazon may force a breakpoint on the total number of shows you can download without delay, so to download more, you might see a warning. Remove. something you just observed.
You can download the movie on Amazon Prime Video, but this means that you can watch the movie on the Amazon Prime Video app only (but also without the internet)
The downloaded content will not be saved on your PC’s hard drive. it will remain within the Amazon Prime app only.