There is usually a question as to whether removing these hidden files will ruin the content you choose to browse or save from the internet. The answer is no and there is nothing to be afraid of. If your phone is slow, feel free to clean the cache. It only improves your performance.
I briefly explained what a hidden closet is, where it came from, and how to clean it.
As mentioned above, the mobile phone’s hidden cache is retained every time you visit a website or launch an application on your Android device.
- It is provided in the form of scripts, style sheets, etc. Your phone can now save all these files and load your website faster next time.
- On the other hand, storing cache files for long periods has two major drawbacks.
- All saved cache removes memory from mobile phone
- If your site has been updated since your last visit and is still cached, you’ll see the cached version of your site instead of the new one.
Now that you understand what hidden caches are and why long-term storage may not be good, let’s see how you can clean them.
There are two ways to clear the hidden cache on your Android device. You can remove it from the Chrome application (the default browser on all Android devices) or third-party applications.
- Open the Chrome app on your device.
- Hit the three dots in the upper right corner.
- When the drop-down list appears, select History.
- Next, select [Delete browsing data].
- You have the option to select a period from the last hour to all hours and place what you need.
- Tap the cached images and files.
- Then tap the Delete Data button at the bottom.
- that’s all.
The second most used browser is Mozilla. Now, I would like to show you how to clean the closet.
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox application.
- Enter the three bars in the upper left corner.
- Select Settings > Privacy & Security.
- Select Delete Private Data.
- Then select Cache and Cached Data.
- Tap Delete data.
The process here is similar to that of the Google Chrome application. To clean your closet, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Storage
- Then tap Device Storage > Internal Storage
- Select cached data.
- Click OK when you see a box asking if you want to clean the closet
Note: Deleting the cache does not delete application data such as account information.
- Mobile phones with SD cards will be asked to choose between internal storage and SD storage.
- Select according to the location of the application for which you want to remove the cabinet.